Austrailia is renowned globally as one of the most diverse and welcoming countries in the world. And it is the land of better education, higher job possibility, better living standards, and more. Many Indians are migrating to the USA for doing higher studies or for acquiring a certain profession. The United States of America (USA) is another country that lures many for no lesser reason. The USA houses some of the largest bunch of international students in the world. Indian students mainly want to study in the US due to the high quality of education, unique curriculum, abundant opportunities, and multicultural environment.
Many hive-off to the USA, creating a necessity for financial needs which makes you support your friends, family, and relatives in these countries. One should have the basic knowledge about currency rates, methods, and allowed purposes of international money transfers while doing overseas remittances to these countries.
What are methods for Outward Remittance from India to the USA?
The most commonly used methods of International Money Transfers are SWIFT and FCDD remittances:
The most commonly used method of wire transfer is through SWIFT or widely known as Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication network. The SWIFT network is a messaging protocol. This system is used to send data from one bank to another. Indian Banks and RBI approved Authorized Dealers like Unimoni Financial Services Ltd has arrangements with major banks across the globe to receive SWIFT messages which ensures safe and secure outward remittance from India.
FCDD or Foreign Currency Demand Draft is the draft that has foreign currency with the desirable amount that needs to be remitted. These demand drafts are a safe option to make international money transfer safer and faster as it is made ‘favoring’ the beneficiary. DDs can be reissued if lost or stolen.
Main Purposes of sending money to USA or Australia:
- Overseas Education.
- Overseas Employment.
- Emigration Fees.
- Visa Fees.
- Maintenance of Close Relatives.
- Medical Treatment Abroad.
- Gift Remittance / Donation…
Key Points to be aware of:
- Exchange Rates: Take note of the exchange rates while opting for the services. Foreign exchange rates are always fluctuating hence it is often advisable to check the rate especially in case of higher amounts.
- Service Provider: Choose the most secured and trusted service providers for international money transfers.
- Transaction Charges: It is often advisable to rely on authorized service providers who provide standard transfer fees.
- Money Transfer Limits: One can send up to USD 2,50,000 under Liberalised Remittance Scheme (LRS).
- Time for Overseas Transfer: SWIFT Transfer can take up to 48 working hours for the funds to be credited to the beneficiary account in the USA. Occasionally, the transaction is accomplished much before the time limit, which is usually within 24 hours of doing the transaction.
Authenticated services providers often follow accurate norms and guidelines as prescribed by the regulators which are often devised with goodwill for customers. Hence such authorized dealers or service providers are trustworthy and safe to send money from India to USA or Austalia. Unimoni Financial Services Ltd is one of the top service providers in Sending Money Abroad from India with a wide network of branches and rich Industry experiences.