Unimoni Financial Services Limited, former UAE Exchange & Financial Services Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as “Unimoni” or “Us”) is a public limited company mainly engaged in the business of providing financial and allied services like lending, foreign exchange, outward remittances, prepaid payment solutions, ticketing and travel related services and other allied services (collectively referred to as “Services” hereinafter) through its network of branches, authorized agents/service providers, associates and assigns (“Locations”), spread throughout India.
Users availing/participating in the Services listed in the Website shall be deemed to have read, understood, accepted and agreed to abide and be bound by the Terms hereunder and those included in the concerned product/service pages and the Terms herein shall be in addition to and not in derogation of other applicable terms and conditions as stipulated by Unimoni from time to time. The Terms are applicable to all the Customers/Users transacting with Unimoni irrespective of any special conditions agreed by the Customer/User in relation to any specific Services/products, and shall be read in conjunction with Unimoni policies and procedures.
Representations, Warranties and Undertakings
(a) You represent that you are above 18 years of age and this Agreement is a legal, valid and binding obligation on you, enforceable against you in accordance with its terms. The Website and/or Services is not designed or intended for use by person under the age of 18, and our Website and Services shall not be used or purchased by person under the age of 18.
(b) You agree to use the Website and/or Services only for purposes that are permitted by: (i) this Agreement; and, (ii) any applicable law.
(c) You acknowledge and agree that Unimoni is entitled to remove any/all the information on the Website that is in contravention of the provisions of this Agreement.
(d) You understand that Unimoni does not provide any warranties for its Services and shall not be made liable for any claims made by you or any third party, and in this regard, you undertake to accept and be solely liable for the Services availed by you from Unimoni. You further undertake to indemnify and hold harmless Unimoni, its affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives against all damages suffered or losses incurred by Unimoni arising due to any act, omission or claim initiated by you or any third party in relation to the Services availed by the you.
(e) If You are using the Services of Unimoni on behalf of a company, entity or organization (each a “Subscribing Entity“), then You represent and warrant that You: (i) are an authorized representative of that Subscribing Entity with the authority to bind such entity to these Terms, and (ii) agree to be bound by these Terms on behalf of such Subscribing Entity.
|I||General Terms & Conditions:||2-5|
|III||Registration and Access to Website||6|
|V||Online Payment Terms||8-9|
I. General Terms & Conditions:
1. Limitation of Liability & Indemnity: (a) Unimoni shall not be liable to the Customer/User (whether under the law of contract, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this Website for any loss or damage incurred or suffered due to any non-acceptance, rejection, delay or non-processing, however arising or described and whatever the legal basis of the liability in connection with Unimoni’s provision of the Services, unless the loss was caused by fraud, gross negligence or wilful misconduct on Unimoni’s part. Unimoni shall not be liable for any indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profit whether or not they were foreseeable. (b) Unimoni shall not be responsible for any loss Customer may suffer or incur in connection with any act or omission of a payment intermediary. (c) Unimoni shall not be liable for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data. These limitations of liability apply even if Unimoni has been expressly advised of the potential loss.
The Customer/User shall indemnify Unimoni and its affiliates on demand against any and all losses, claims, damages, obligations, costs, debts, liabilities and expenses (including without limitation legal expenses and any amounts paid by Unimoni to a third party in settlement of a claim or dispute on the advice of Unimoni’s legal advisers) that Unimoni and/or its affiliates may incur or otherwise suffer in connection with the Services, except to the extent, with respect to Unimoni or any affiliate, the losses resulted from fraud, gross negligence or wilful misconduct on its part.
It shall be the sole responsibility of the Customer/User to safe keep the security keys (User ID & OTP) provided to them. Customer shall be solely responsible and liable for any loss caused to him due to theft of mobile/any device (wherein the mobile application is saved and operated) or use of User/Customer account by any unauthorised person (on ground of negligence or otherwise) and shall keep Unimoni indemnified against any claims/proceedings.
2. Breach of these Terms
Without prejudice to Unimoni’s other rights under these Terms, if you breach these Terms in any way, Unimoni may take such action as Unimoni deems appropriate to deal with the breach, including suspending your access to the Website and/or Services for a limited period of time or indefinitely, prohibiting the User from accessing the Website/Services indefinitely, blocking computers using your IP address from accessing the Website, contacting your internet service provider to request that they block your access to the website and/or bringing court proceedings against you.
2. Force Majeure: Unimoni may suspend or terminate the execution of the Services as a result of any force majeure event, including, without limitation: (a) change in any regulation or in the interpretation or enforcement of any regulation; (b) act, order or request of any authority; (c) restriction or impending restriction on the availability, convertibility, credit or transferability of any currency; (d) failure or default of any payment intermediary; (e) malfunction of a computer system; (f) failure or default of a service provider to Unimoni; (g) any failure in the transmission of, or miscommunication with respect to, the Customer instruction; or (h) any other event beyond Unimoni’s reasonable control. The Customer shall bear the risk of such delay and losses relating to a force majeure event.
3. No Waiver of Rights: A failure or delay in exercising any right, power or privilege in respect of these Terms will not be presumed to operate as a waiver, and a single or partial exercise of any right, power or privilege will not be presumed to preclude any subsequent or further exercise, of that right, power or privilege or the exercise of any other right, power or privilege. The rights and remedies herein provided are cumulative and not exclusive of any rights or remedies provided by law.
4. Severability: If any provision or condition of these Terms shall be held to be invalid or unenforceable by reason of any law, rule, administrative order or judicial decision by any court, or regulatory or self-regulatory agency or body, such invalidity or unenforceability shall attach only to such provision or condition. The validity of the remaining provisions and conditions shall not be affected thereby and these Terms shall be carried out as if any such invalid or unenforceable provision or condition was not contained herein.
5. Binding Nature: These Terms create legally binding obligations on the Customer/User that do not contravene other contractual or legal obligations of the Customer/User.
6. Governing Law & Jurisdiction: These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Republic of India. Any claim or dispute, arising from the relationship between Unimoni and its Customer/User or otherwise shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts at Kochi. In the event Customer/User practices such right shall then it should not prejudice Unimoni’s general right to take proceedings where necessary before any court whatsoever.
7. Authority to Unimoni: The Customer/User irrevocably and unconditionally authorises Unimoni to respond, at its sole discretion, to any and all enquiries received from any other bankers and or partners (including, without limitation, bank references), concerning any and all accounts of the Customer/User with Unimoni, without reference to the Customer/User and to share the information in accordance with Clause I(8) of the Terms as contained hereof for the purpose of responding to any such enquiries/investigation of the bankers and or partners.
8. Information Disclosure: By continuing with the transaction and providing acknowledgement and consent for data collection on the transaction form, the Customer/User and, where applicable, for and on behalf of each of the directors, authorized persons, officers, representatives and members (or partners in the case of a partnership) of the Customer/User (collectively “such individuals”) agrees and acknowledges that the Customer’s data/User’s data, the personal data of such individuals and all other details and information relating to the application, the transfer and any transactions or dealings between the Customer/User or such individuals with Unimoni may be used, held or processed by Unimoni or, where Unimoni considers necessary or appropriate, disclose, transfer or exchange (including cross-border transfer) to or with any members of Unimoni, any third party service providers, any correspondent or agent banks or third party financial institutions, any payees or authorities for the purpose of or in connection with this application, this transfer or the provision of Services to the Customer/User and as required by regulation.
Unimoni will hold and retain the information provided by the Customer/User related to any other person and/or entity including beneficiary details in order to execute the transaction. Prior to providing this information, the Customer/User is obliged to notify and secure authorisation from the other person on use of this information. The information disclosed pursuant to this clause may be subject to further disclosure by the recipient to other parties in accordance with the laws of the country in which the beneficiary is located. Such laws may be wider in scope and implemented under less restrictive terms than would otherwise be the case in India due to the difference in applicable laws and regulations.
9. Disclaimer: The Customer/User expressly understands and agree that the Service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. (a) Unimoni expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, delivery of the Services on time and non-infringement; (b) Unimoni makes no warranties or representations that (i) the Service will meet Customer’s/User’s requirements, (ii) the Services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the Services will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, Services, information, or other material obtained through the Services will meet expectations; and (c) the use of the Service is done at Customer’s/User’s own discretion and risk; and (d) no advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by the Customer/User from Unimoni or through or from the Services shall create any warranty not expressly stated herein.
10. Amendments & Modifications: Unimoni has the absolute right to amend or supplement the Terms herein, by modifying, altering or rescinding any of the existing provisions or conditions or by adding any new provision or condition. Continued use the Services after such amendment will constitute acknowledgment and acceptance from the Customer/Users.
11. Sub-contract/Outsourcing: Unimoni shall have the right to outsource or sub-contract any part of the Services to such third party (including but not limited to any party outside India) on such terms as Unimoni deem fit in its sole discretion. However, the Customers/Users shall not be entitled to transfer or assign any of their rights and obligations hereunder.
12. Corrections and Complaints: Unimoni is committed to provide Customer/User with best services at all times. In the unlikely event that the Customer is dissatisfied with our service or response, the Customer/User can contact customer Care team at 1800 102 0555 or send an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Unimoni will deal with such complaints promptly and fairly.
14. Intellectual Property: This Website is the sole and exclusive property of Unimoni. Unimoni retains all right, title and interest (including all copyright, trademark, patent, trade secrets, and all other intellectual property rights) of this Website. The Website is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secrets, unfair competition, and other laws of worldwide, through the application of local laws or International treaties. Any unauthorized use, reproduction or modification of this Website may violate such laws. Customer/User shall immediately bring to the notice of Unimoni, all matters regarding infringement and/or misuse of the same, within their knowledge & information.
15. Use of Electronic Communications: Unimoni may communicate with User/Customer regarding its Services by means of electronic communications, including (a) sending electronic mail/text message to the email address/Mobile Number provided by User/Customer at the time of registration, or (b) posting notices or communications on its Website and such communications will be deemed to be received by the User/Customer. User/Customer will keep themselves updated with such communications hosted in www.unimoni.in site and call toll free no 1800 102 0555 for any clarification/information.
16. Assignment: Unimoni may assign its rights and obligations herein to its affiliates/third party entity without any prior notice or communication to the User / Customer.
17. DND Policy: If User/Customer wish to stop any further sms/email alerts/contacts from Unimoni, the User/Customer shall send an email to email@example.com with respective mobile number and the same will be excluded from the alerts list.
In these Terms, except where a different interpretation is necessary in the context, the words and expressions set out herein shall have the following meanings:
a) Customer: Refers to any individual (i.e. who holds either a valid ID proof like Aadhar, passport, voters id, etc. or such other valid identification document as required by Unimoni), firm, establishment or company registered under the laws of India, who desires to engage and register with Unimoni for availing any Product/s and/or Service/s offered by Unimoni. Unimoni will endeavour to effect delivery of Services subject to confirmation of individual registration/corporate registration as per the internal policies and procedures of Unimoni. All Customer registrations have to be in the same name as mentioned on the submitted documents.
b) Unimoni: Refers to “Unimoni Financial Services Limited (formerly UAE Exchange & Financial Services Limited)”, a company incorporated under the Indian Companies Act, 1956 and having its registered office at NG 12 & 13, Ground Floor, North Block, Manipal Centre, Dickenson Road, Bangalore, Karnataka – 560042, India.
c) Website: The website and mobile applications of Unimoni through which it promotes and offers its Services to the Customers. The website referred herein is: www.unimoni.in
d) User: Refers to a Customer opting for Unimoni Services through the Website by logging in using the login credentials.
e) Login/User ID & OTP: Login/User ID and registered mobile number is used to access the Website and OTP is one time password generated for validating the customer registered mobile number and for proceeding with the transactions. Both are simultaneously issued to the customer for authenticating transaction at the time of making a payment to Unimoni. Registered mobile number shall form a part of User/Customer identity along with User/Customer name.
f) Payment Transaction: The processing of a payment service through Website that result in the debiting or charging on the bank account of the customer and crediting of Company’s account/beneficiary bank account and/or payments made to the Company for Services availed by the Customer.
III. Registration and Access to Website:
While registering an account on the Website, the User shall choose a password to login to his/her account and the User shall be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of such account and password and any other security credentials provided by Unimoni to the User for login to his/her Website account. Login/User ID and registered mobile number is used to access the website and OTP is one time password generated for validating the customer registered mobile number and for proceeding with the transactions. Both are simultaneously issued to the customer for authenticating transaction at the time of making a payment to the Company. Registered mobile number shall form a part of User/Customer identity along with User/Customer name.
The User is fully responsible for all activities that occur using the User password or account. It is the duty of the User to notify Unimoni immediately of any unauthorized use of their password or account or any other breach of security. Unimoni will not be liable for any loss that may be incurred by the User as a result of unauthorized use of their password or account, either with or without their knowledge.
Unimoni has no obligation to monitor the Services offered online through the Website. However, Unimoni reserves the right to review materials/contents posted and to remove any materials/contents in its sole discretion. Unimoni reserves the right to terminate the User’s access to any or all of the Services at any time without notice or for any reason whatsoever. Unimoni reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in Unimoni’s sole discretion.
Unimoni also reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate the access to any or all Unimoni websites and related services or any portion thereof at any time, without notice.
Employees of Unimoni will not be entertained to participate in the customer online contests.
Unimoni through its Locations and through the Website offers the Services with specific authorisations/licenses/permission from concerned regulatory authorities and the terms of Services shall be as included in the corresponding Service page of the Website and/or will be intimated by Unimoni from time to time through appropriate medium of communication. Customers shall also enquire the Service details with the customer care team of Unimoni at the toll free number 1800 102 0555. The list of Service offered through the Website are;
1. Lending Business: Unimoni offers to the Customers various loans services like Gold Loan, Small Business Loan, Personal Loan, Vehicle Loan and such other loans as will be listed/offered by Unimoni from time to time. With easy documentation, prompt disbursal, attractive schemes, flexible repayment options and nominal service charges, Unimoni provides loans with the most competitive rates available in the industry. The Customers/Users are required to thoroughly go through the loan terms before availing loan service from Unimoni. The loan schemes, terms and conditions, eligibility criteria, KYC documents to be submitted, applying modes, etc. is made available to all in the corresponding loan pages in the Website/Unimoni Location.
2. Foreign Exchange: Competitive rates for foreign currency with rate alert & buyback options are provided by Unimoni to the Customers. Buyback options provides buyback guarantee for the leftover currency after completing the trips. Currency online booking facility is available along with and buying and selling of over major and other currencies. Multicurrency travel card, an alternative to cash while traveling abroad, loadable with 16 currencies to pay across the world with Instant card loading & reloading facility. All the foreign exchange services offered by Unimoni shall be in compliance with the prevalent laws of the nation laid down by the regulatory authorities.
3. Payment Solutions: Unimoni offers the Customers a virtual prepaid wallet Unimoni Wallet (“Wallet”) for easy and reliable means of payment mode within India. Customers shall register using mobile number and One Time Password (OTP) to the Wallet. Unimoni Wallet can also be accessed by downloading the Unimoni Wallet Mobile Application (“App”) and registering therein as customer using the mobile number. The Customers are required to safeguard the security credentials used to access the Website/App. Customers can transfer money to another person’s wallet and/or to merchants free of charge round the clock through the Wallet. Customers can also transfer money from their bank account to Wallet and from the Wallet to bank account for a fee. Wallet/App also provides the facility to carry out mobile recharge, DTH recharge, utility bill payment, school fees payment etc.
IMPS enabled Domestic Money Transfer Services is a feature provided in the Wallet which helps in carrying out person-to-person money transfer services thereby allows the customers to send or receive money across India, round the clock using their mobile phone or internet via Website.
4. Money Transfer: Remit money abroad in a quick & easy way through secure modes of FCDD & SWIFT transfer for meeting education expenses, Migration payments, Visa processing fee, gift to relatives and friends, Medical expenses in abroad, overseas travel requirements etc.
5. Travel and tours: Unimoni is accredited as an approved Passenger Sales Agent by IATA. Unimoni is one of the few travel agents recognized by the Ministry of Tourism, India, and also an active member of Travel Agents Association of India and IATA Agents Association of India. Unimoni provide domestic and international air-ticket reservations of various esteemed airlines and the subsidiary company of Unimoni assists in holiday packages, hotel booking, Passport assistance, Visa, and Emigration Clearance, Visa/Document attestations etc.
V. Online Payment Terms
1. Basic Requirement for Customers: By accepting the Terms or by otherwise using the Services of the Website, User/Customer represent that User/Customer is at least 18 years of age and have not been previously suspended or removed from the Services by Unimoni or any other regulatory authority. User/Customer represents and warrants that User/Customer has the right, authority and capacity to enter into this arrangement and to abide by all the terms & conditions herein. User/Customer shall not impersonate any person, entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent identity, age or affiliation with any person or entity.
2. Payment Terms: All payments are subject to the following conditions:-
The description of Services are specific to User/Customer need, which may be logged in with User/Customer unique password. Normally payment is required in advance (i.e. before User/Customer commences the activity). All Fees quoted are in Indian Rupees. Unimoni reserves the right to change the fees at any time.
2.1. User/Customer payment will normally reach Unimoni account to which payments are made within two working days.
2.2. Unimoni cannot accept liability for a payment not reaching the correct destination account due to quoting an incorrect account number or incorrect personal details by the User/Customer. Unimoni does not accept liability, where the payment is refused or declined by the credit/debit card supplier for any reason whatsoever.
2.3. If the card supplier declines payment, Unimoni is under no obligation to bring this fact to your attention. You should check with your bank/credit/debit card supplier that payment has been deducted from User/Customer account.
2.4. In no event will Unimoni be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the use, inability to use, or the results of use of the Website, any websites linked to this Website, or the materials or information contained at any or all such sites, whether based on warranty, contract, tort or any other legal theory and whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages.
2.5. Customer Responsibility for Taxes: Payment of any applicable taxes (if any) arising from the use/availing the Services is Customer’s responsibility. Customer hereby agrees to comply with all the applicable tax laws, including the reporting and payment of any taxes arising in connection with Payment Transactions.
2.6. Refund Policy: Refunds, if applicable at the discretion of Unimoni, will only be made to the debit/credit card used for the original transaction. For the avoidance of doubt nothing in this Policy shall require Unimoni to refund the Fees (or part thereof) unless such Fees (or part thereof) have previously been paid.
2.7. Limitations on the Use of Service: Unimoni may establish general practices and limits concerning the use of Website, including without limiting individual or aggregate transaction limits on the rupee amount or number of Payment Transactions during any specified time period(s), in accordance with the guidelines of the Reserve Bank of India or such other regulatory authority. Unimoni do not warrant that the functionality of the Website to be uninterrupted or error free and shall not be responsible for any service interruptions (including, but not limited to, power outages, system failures, mobile errors or other interruptions that may affect the receipt, processing, acceptance, completion or settlement of Payment Transactions).