When planning a trip, we often tend to focus on two things alone – how to go and where to stay. However, buying travel insurance is just as important, if not more. Travelling is among the most satisfying joys of life and when away from home, you wouldn’t want any unforeseen event to spoil your holiday. From a medical emergency to lost baggage, you may be faced with any kind of hurdle on your trip. Having travel insurance safeguards you against such unforeseen challenges so you can go anywhere you want without the worry of getting caught in unexpected perils.
Here are 7 Reasons Why Travel Insurance is a must
- Hassle-Free Cancellations – In case an unavoidable condition arises and you need to cancel your trip, you may have to incur a huge monetary loss in the form of hotel and airline cancellation. With travel insurance, you can leverage from cancellation coverage for non-refundable prepaid payments and enjoy hassle free cancellation.
- Rescheduling your Trip – If not cancel, you may need to reschedule your trip for any given reason. With travel insurance, not only will you receive help in arranging for alternative flight tickets but also managing accommodation and assistance with other travel related requirements.
- Medical Emergencies – A medical emergency may happen any time. In case of a sudden medical ailment, travel insurance will come in handy by covering treatment charges and medical bills. Reliable travel insurance policies will also connect you to partner healthcare facilities nearby so you can get immediate assistance without any hassle.
- Pre-existing Illness – Apart from a medical emergency, travel insurance will also keep you safeguarded in case emergency treatment for a pre-existing medical condition is required. It is important for you to declare all medical history prior to purchasing the policy. With a seamless claim experience, you can concentrate on the wellbeing of you and your loved ones.
- Misplaced Baggage – It is not uncommon for checked-in baggage to get misplaced or even misdirected to a different location. Such a mistake on the airline’s behalf can cost you a lot of valuable time and effort on your holiday. With travel insurance, you can be sure that your misplaced baggage will come back to you. In an unfortunate scenario where the baggage is permanently lost, the insurer will reimburse you for the luggage lost and also take into account precious items.
- Losing Important Documents – When travelling abroad, identification documents including your passport are most important. In case you or any of your travelling partners misplace their passport, your travel insurer will guide you every step of the way so you can get a new passport at the earliest. A dependable insurance will also help you buy forex online and provide necessary financial assistance if required.
- Emergency Coverage – Travelling comes with its own set of risks. While you focus on having a good time and making unforgettable memories, you never know what roadblock you may have to face. Be it a natural calamity, political unrest or anything else, an undesirable situation may come up any time. With travel insurance in place, you can be assured that your insurer will act as a safety net and arrange for alternate accommodation or transportation to a safe location if need be.
No matter whether you’re planning to travel domestic or go abroad, you should always have travel insurance in place. It allows you to enjoy a hassle free vacation with the surety that you and your family will be looked after in case of any unforeseen event or emergency.